SLIDES are available which contain all the text for readings and singing.
The Session has decided that it is no longer necessary to have a sign-up for Sunday worship services, so we are taking down the Sign Up Genius from this point forward.
We continue to offer two worship services at 9:00 a.m. and at 10:45 a.m., as well as a live stream of the 10:45 a.m. service. The Session still highly recommends those attending the early 9:00 a.m. worship service to consider wearing masks in deference to our brothers and sisters with particular concerns about safety.
As a reminder, please practice social distancing when you attend either worship service. Our ushers will be available to help anyone having difficulty finding seating with appropriate distancing.
Realizing that some may be hesitant to participate in corporate worship at this time due to health concerns, the session would like to remind everyone that anyone may request a visitation. If anyone would like a pastor and elders to visit you, please contact one of the pastors or elders. In addition to general visits, we can deliver a brief message from the Bible and administer the Lord’s Supper for you and your family. We will follow any health and protective measures or procedures that you may require of us during our visit.
Our in-person worship services will continue to accommodate a 50% seating capacity. In order to ensure we do not exceed the 50% capacity, we ask that you sign up for each individual who will attend (including children). Click the link below to access the sign up form.
Additional details for in-person services:
- For the 9:00 a.m. service the Session highly recommends you consider wearing masks in deference to brethren who are legitimately concerned about their own or a family member’s susceptibility to contracting COVID-19.
- Before and after each service there will be a cleaning and disinfecting of surfaces.
- A Deacon will be at the front entrance who will open and close the doors as folks enter and depart or the doors will be propped open.
- Signs will be posted to remind about health safety guidelines and to caution against entering if one has had a fever within the past 48 hours.
- No bulletins will be handed out. Bulletins and worship guides are available on the website for printing or viewing on a computer, tablet, or mobile device.
- Alternate rows of seating will be used, and at least six feet should be between individuals or groups not from the same household.
- The Cry Room will be open, but being rather small, we ask you to be judicious and careful to maintain recommended distancing should others also seek to use it.
- For the Lord’s Table, the Bread and the Cup will be spaced out on trays to facilitate receiving them in a safe and sanitary manner. Those who partake will come forward observing a safe distance from others, take both elements, and return to their seats to hold the elements until instructed to partake of them together.
- After the early service exit the building as soon as possible and fellowship safely in the yard area or the parking lot, not in the church building.
- For the time being there will be no “Greeting” and passing of offering plates in the service. The Deacons have purchased a “Tithe Box” that is placed in the rear of the sanctuary should you wish to give your tithes and offerings to the LORD in that manner. We also offer online giving capabilities for those who wish to give in that way.
View this post on Instagram
Please RSVP if you have not already. The campout is here. Thursday night through Saturday afternoon. Porta potty and hand-washing station provided. Some limited electric is available at the campsite. We will have devotions around the morale fire each evening and morning. There will be a FOUS (Fire of Unusual Size) on Fri night after the devotions. Those who don't camp can come for the devotions and firepits. Lots of space to spread out and just enjoy being outside and with brothers and sisters. Contact me personally if you have specific questions either by text or email. With not being able to see most of you in person I was going to send one more email just to make sure we are all on the same page. If you are going to participate on some level, please make sure that I know at email@example.com or text 703-795-7925 (I do already have those who RSVP'd through our church Facebook page). The pool will be open at user's own risk (parents must be responsible for lifeguard duties for their children-or know who is). Fishing is encouraged. Lots of other ativities. Hope to see you there. #webelongtoeachother #spriggsroadpres #camping
Due to technical issues last week, we will not be transmitting the Sunday service through the FM signal this coming Sunday, May, 24, 2020. Please visit this page to find out ways to view the live stream.
We will begin FM transmission of the services beginning May 17, 2020. Those who would like to listen to the service from the church parking lot may tune to 88.9 FM.
Please note that the facility is still closed to all except those participating in the live stream service, however any are welcome to park in the church parking lot and listen in their cars.
Since the 10-person rule is still in effect, we are going to push the family campout a few more weeks to see if we can do it. The new dates are June 11-13. We will have the pool open and available. We will also plan to have 2 porta potties and divide up the families for limiting exposure… If you are thinking about coming, let the Deanes know so they have an idea of how many will try to attend.
Tomorrow’s worship service will be live-streamed at 10:45 am. Bulletins and worship guides may be accessed on the Bulletins tab of the website main menu. On site access continues to be limited to a live stream crew of 10 or fewer. Please DO NOT come into the building if you have not specifically be requested to do so by a member of the SRPC session.
It is our intent to have in-person worship services at 50% capacity beginning on May 31, 2020. Updates will be published as that date draws near.
Pastor Matt will host a TEEN ZOOM MEETING on Friday, May 15th at 3:30 pm. Join him for a Bible lesson and some Zoom games. Log in information will be sent in an email.
Join Pastor Matt this evening for a short devotional and prayer time at 7 pm. Check your email for Zoom meeting log in details.
We are looking to update the church logo and we need your help!
We are inviting anyone from our church family to submit designs for a new church logo. This might be a great rainy day activity or a way to pass the time during this time of social distancing. Whether you consider yourself to be a skilled artist or if you just like to dabble in graphic design we’d love to see what you can come up with.
Click the button below to download the rules and submission requirements.